HHHS Community Programs launches HaliburtonCares.ca
Submitted by HHHS
Haliburton Highlands Health Services – Community Programs has launched a new website to provide all residents of Haliburton County with up-to-date information and resources during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
The site, HaliburtonCares.ca, includes information about:
• What Haliburton County residents should do if they are feeling unwell
• How residents can continue to access regular health care
• Support available in the community, including:
o Access to free and low-cost food
o How the Community Support Services Response Team can help anyone in need, with services like grocery and prescription pick-up and home delivery
o How residents can access other local support services who are still operating but may have changed their normal hours or procedures
• A wide range of mental health supports, including immediate crisis support phone and text lines as well as dedicated resources for local health care workers
• How residents can help the COVID-19 response effort by volunteering their time and donating personal protective equipment (PPE)
The site also includes a form that Haliburton County residents can complete and send a message of thanks to the many health care, first responders, community support workers, and volunteers who are working tirelessly to keep the Haliburton Highlands safe.
“HaliburtonCares.ca would not have been possible without the hard work of the local team at TechnicalitiesPlus, who built the site, as well as local service providers who shared ideas and content,” said Stephanie MacLaren, vice-president of Community Programs at HHHS. “We are grateful for this team effort and hope that the site will be of value to our community.”