Coboconk cottage explodes
By Chad Ingram
Two people were injured and the fire marshal's office is investigating after a cottage near Coboconk exploded during the weekend.
Kawartha Lakes OPP officers were called to the seasonal residence on Normwood Drive at approximately 10 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 8.
At first it was believed the call was for a structure fire.
It turned out that the owners, who live in Keswick, had detected a strange odour and had called a local gas company.
The owners and a propane technician were on site when the explosion occurred and two people were transported to hospital in Toronto with serious injuries. The investigation is ongoing. OPP have said the cause of the fire is not suspicious.